Pass Paid Family Leave in Hawaii!
Paid Family Leave supports family well-being and the economy.
We know families in Hawai‘i are strongest when we have time to heal from serious illness or injury, welcome a new child, or help a loved one recover or ease their passing. Everyone should be able to take time off to care for themselves or a loved one without risking their job or paycheck.
It’s time for paid family leave in Hawai‘i. Please sign if you agree!
GOAL: 31 signatures
Paid family leave allows workers to take time off and still receive part of their income when they need to care for their own serious health needs or those of a loved one, or to bond with a new child.
The United States is the only developed country without national paid family leave. To fill that gap, thirteen states plus the District of Columbia have passed paid family leave laws. Hawai‘i should join them.
Paid family leave includes:
• Parental leave – for parents, including fathers and adoptive and foster parents, to bond with a new child
• Medical leave – for a worker to recover from their own serious illness or injury
• Caregiving leave – for a worker to care for a family member with a serious health condition
In some states, paid family leave also includes:
• Deployment leave – to handle arrangements for military service
• Safe leave – to deal with domestic violence, such as seeking a restraining order or relocating to safety