Your voice makes a difference. Here's a quick guide on how to submit your testimony on bills in the Legislature. If you need help with any of these steps, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to sign up for free action alerts on important bills at the bottom of this page!
1. Create an account on the Hawaiʻi State Legislature website.
• Click here to create an account.
• The website will then send you an email to verify your account; be sure to follow the link to finish setting up your account.
2. Go to the Legislature's "Submit Testimony" page.
• Click on the orange "Submit Testimony" button in the center of the page
• Type in the bill number on the lefthand side in the "Bill Measure/Bill Status" box and then hit the "go" button
3. Fill out the form.
• Choose whether you support, oppose, or offer comments on the bill.
• Also indicate whether you can attend the hearing and will share your testimony orally. (Need help with this? Let us know!)
4. Add your testimony.
• You have two options: You can write your testimony on your computer (using Word, Google Docs, etc), then upload it to the website. Alternatively, you can type your testimony directly on the website.
• Click here for some tips on writing your testimony.
5. Click "Submit."
• You're done!
Want to learn more? Download our free advocacy toolkit!