Let’s create a better Hawaiʻi for our keiki.
Hear from students, legislators, and advocates about our top priorities for the 2022 legislative session.
January 18, 2022 | 3:30 pm
RSVP below for Zoom link
Join HCAN Speaks! and the Legislature’s Keiki Caucus for a joint launch of our 2022 legislative priorities. Speakers will include:
- Co-conveners of the Legislature’s Keiki Caucus:
- Senator Laura Acasio
- Representative John Mizuno
- Representative Amy Perruso
- Community advocates:
- Deborah Zysman, executive director of HCAN Speaks!
- Osa Tui, president of the Hawaiʻi State Teachers Association
- Leslie Baunach, Hawaiʻi Association of School Psychologists
- Judith Clark, executive director, Hawaiʻi Youth Services Network
- Zoey Duan, senior, Punahou School
- Joshua Ching, senior, Kamehameha Schools
- Amelie Sepulveda, senior, Pearl City High School, Oʻahu Teen Council Member
- Inez Anderson, senior, Roosevelt High School, Oʻahu Teen Council Member
- Elizabeth Lacambra, senior, Damien Memorial School
The annual Hawaiʻi Children’s Policy Agenda, organized by HCAN Speaks!, brings together organizations, coalitions, and individuals who are committed to improving the lives of our keiki by promoting public policy changes that benefit children’s health, safety, education, and economic security.
The Keiki Caucus is a collaboration between Hawaiʻi state legislators, community leaders, and youth-centered organizations who come together to propose, draft, support, and implement policy changes that will improve the lives of Hawaiʻi’s young people. The Keiki Caucus is co-convened by Rep. Amy Perruso, Rep. John Mizuno, and Sen. Laura Acasio.